Hotels and lodging in Siem Reap, Cambodia
My recommendation for a hotel is the Soria Moria Boutique Hotel. I use Agoda to find hotels (I also get a referal fee for reservations made through them from links on this site) and found Soria Moria that way. Only once I was staying there did I find out that the hotel is very focused on makinga positive different in Cambodia. The hotel is a great place to stay: a great restaurant, near pub street (more food) quite), great service, good price.
The hotel is owned 51% by the employees. And the hotel provides training, promotion oportunities. The hotel helps with continuing education for employees (at local schools) and offeres training with certificates for staff and interns. They partner with local charities to help Cambodians. The staff is very good and obviously care. Before I noticed it was employee owned I was impressed.
After I saw that it was employee owned I talked to one of the original owners and was very impressed with what they are doing. I highly recommend this hotel.
Other hotels to chose from:
- Hotel de la Paix - Stylish boutique hotel, with a mix of art-deco and traditional Khmer architecture. Hotel de la Paix enjoys a prime location in the center of Siem Reap, just steps from the colorful markets, yet only 7 km from Angkor Wat. The hotel aims to offer a unique travel experience, from the finest food and wine, to customize spa treatments. Hotel de la Paix, winner of Condé Nast Traveler U.S. 2011 Gold List and Travel; and Leisure U.S. 500 World’s Best Hotels 2010-2011, is a great choice for those looking for luxury.
- Victoria Angkor Resort and Spa - provides traditional Cambodian flare with colonial architecture and influences. Centrally located and yet surrounded by nature, it makes an ideal base for leisure and business travelers in Siem Reap. Enjoy a walk around the quaint Royal Park across the road. For leisure, the hotel offers a pool, a spa and a fitness center.
- Angkor Sayana Hotel and Spa - With 52 rooms overlooking the picturesque easy flowing river and historical old French quarter of Siem Reap, this four star property is a standout in the boutique accommodations in Siem Reap.
- The Moon Boutique Hotel - this popular 4-star hotel has 17 rooms with LCD/plasma screen TV, in room safe and bathtubs. For the comfort and convenience of guests, you'll also find 24hr room service, room service, disabled facilities, airport transfer on-site. For the enjoyment of guests interested in sports or leisure, there are outdoor pool, spa on the grounds. This charming property has long been a favorite in Siem Reap for both business and leisure travelers.
- Antanue Angkor Villa Hotel - All 14 guest rooms in this 2-story building includes wireless internet access, in room safe and a hair dryer. In addition, this property in Siem Reap has room service, meeting facilities, safety deposit boxes, laundry service/dry cleaning, on-site massage and a garden. Convenient location and a good price make this a good choice for travelers looking for a nice place and a bargin. Withing a reasonable walk or short ride to pub street and night markets.
- Cheathata Angkor Hotel - 28 rooms in this 3.5-star hotel with television and wireless internet. The hotel boasts safety deposit boxes, meeting facilities, restaurant and a pool and jacuzzi .
- Prince D'Angkor Hotel and Spa - The winner of Cambodia's Leading Hotel in 2011 by World Travel Awards, this luxury hotel features amenities and services that could keep the most discerning guest comfortable, relaxed, and satisfied. From the spa treatments and saltwater swimming pool the hotel offers extras the luxury travel enjoys. Although a bus service is available for sightseeing around Siem Reap, the hotel’s central location allows access to several famous venues. The hotel is family friendly as the kids can spend the day playing in the children’s pool.
- Central Boutique Angkor Hotel - Very nice for those wanting a simple, 3 star, quiet retreat. And yet close to shopping and sites downtown, head down to the old market or the Angkor night market which is just 5 minutes away.
- Golden Mango Inn - great budget choice, just 10 min tuk tuk service into town. Set in a friendly environment, this lovely residence is conveniently located to main attractions and welcomes all travelers with comfortable accommodation and standard facilities. The nearest bus station is only 2 minutes away. The hotel features 24 guestrooms. Guests at the hotel can enjoy the local food and a variety of menu available at restaurant with a magnificent view of garden. Those who have an interest in culture can simply take a short walk to Phsar Leu Market, well-known as the largest traditional market in Siem Reap, only 5 minutes away. Wifi reception in rooms might not be great.
- Steung Siem Reap Hotel - Located in the French Quarter of Siem Reap, the Steung Siem Reap reopened in 2005 with a new French/Khmer design. The hotel is in the Old Market area where guests can enjoy trips to the local restaurants and bars. Its location allows access to the international airport and Angkor Wat in just 15 minutes. For those dining in, the hotel’s restaurant serves Asian and Mediterranean cuisine throughout the day. Spend a night out without the children, as there are baby-sitting services available. Massage service is available also. For the long-term traveler, kitchenette sets are in the larger guest rooms. The onsite bar and outdoor pool gives guests the opportunity to spend the day relaxing.
- Sam So Guesthouse - wonderful budget option located a bit out of the hustle but a short ride to the downtown.This two star property is a family run guesthouse, featuring 19 rooms, each with a private bathroom, cable TV and a fridge. Boasting a very peaceful and relaxed location, the property is a mere 15 minute drive from the Airport and Angkor Wat, and is just a short walk to old market and Pub Street.